Notice: If your computer is not yet running Windows 10, you first need to update the OS to Windows 10, as simply entering a key into Windows 7 or 8.1 for example cannot do this. Please use the following guide to install Windows 10.
Make sure your Windows is up to date before attempting to activate.
- Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- If you’re on the latest version there will be a green tick and a message saying “You’re up to date”.
- If it says there is an update available, please do this before continuing to the next step.
Activate Windows 10:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
- Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character product key.
- Select Next to start the activation.
Check your Windows activation:
To do this simply navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Activation. A message will say “Windows is activated” to signify your Windows activation is successful and genuine.
Troubleshooting Windows Activation Errors:
- Make sure that any outstanding Windows Updates have been completed and installed.
- Run the Windows Activation Troubleshooter on the Activation page.
- Restart your computer and retry activation.
- Use the toll-free automated phone activation service by clicking Activate by Phone on the Activation page. If you do not see this option, you can load it by typing into the Windows Search Bar SLUI 4 (must have a space before the 4), hit enter, it will first ask for your country/region, then follow the on-screen instructions.