How to Troubleshoot Windows Activation ErrorsVevo Digital
Troubleshooting Windows Activation Errors:
Windows can throw up an error during activation for a plethora of reasons, for any error we recommend running through the general troubleshooting steps below as they resolve the large majority of error codes quickly and easily.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet and that the system date and time is set correctly for your timezone.
- Check Windows Update for any outstanding updates, install and complete any outstanding updates so Windows is fully updated.
- Restart your computer and retry activation.
- Run the Windows Activation Troubleshooter on the Activation page.
- Use the toll-free automated phone activation service by clicking Activate by Phone on the Activation page. If you do not see this option, you can load it by typing into the Windows Search Bar SLUI 4 (must have a space before the 4), hit enter, it will first ask for your country/region, then follow the on-screen instructions.