How To: Uninstall Software/Apps on Windows PC and Mac OSVevo Digital
There are different ways to remove apps and programs, so if you can’t find the one you’re looking for, you can try another location. Note that some apps and programs are built into Windows and can’t be uninstalled.
Uninstall from the Start menu
- Select the Start button and look for the app or program in the list shown.
- Press and hold (or right-click) on the app, then select Uninstall.
Uninstall from the Settings page
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Or just click the shortcut link at the bottom of this article.
- Select the app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.
Uninstall from the Control Panel (for programs)
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
- Select Programs > Programs and Features.
- Press and hold (or right-click) on the program you want to remove and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change. Then follow the directions on the screen.
You can download and install apps from the Internet or a disc. If you no longer want an app, you can remove it.
- On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock, then click Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- Do one of the following:
- If an app is in a folder, open the app’s folder to check for an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall [App] or [App] Uninstaller, double-click it, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- If an app isn’t in a folder or doesn’t have an Uninstaller, drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash (at the end of the Dock).WARNING: The app is permanently removed from your Mac the next time you or the Finder empties the Trash. If you have files that you created with the app, you may not be able to open them again. If you decide you want to keep the app, get it back before emptying the Trash — select the app in the Trash, then choose File > Put Back.