With built-in in-memory performance and operational analytics, SQL Server Standard 2016 delivers breakthrough mission-critical capabilities. Comprehensive security features, such as new Always Encrypted technology, help protect your data in transit and at rest, and a world-class high availability and disaster recovery solution complements AlwaysOn technology.
With new capabilities that go beyond business intelligence to perform advanced analytics directly within their database and present rich visualizations for business insights on any device, organizations will gain deeper insights into all of their data.
You can also benefit from hyper-scale cloud with new hybrid scenarios enabled by new Stretch Database technology, which allows you to securely stretch your warm and cold transactional data to Microsoft Azure, ensuring that your data is always available for queries, regardless of size. Additionally, SQL Server 2016 provides a complete database platform for hybrid cloud, allowing you to easily build, deploy, and manage hybrid cloud solutions.
- Enhanced in-memory performance provide up to 30x faster transactions, more than 100x faster queries than disk based relational databases and real-time operational analytics
- New Always Encrypted technology helps protect your data at rest and in motion, on-premises and in the cloud, with master keys sitting with the application, without application changes
- Built-in advanced analytics– provide the scalability and performance benefits of building and running your advanced analytics algorithms directly in the core SQL Server transactional database
- Business insights through rich visualizations on mobile devices with native apps for Windows, iOS and Android
- Simplify management of relational and non-relational data with ability to query both through standard T-SQL using PolyBase technology
- Stretch Database technology keeps more of your customer’s historical data at your fingertips by transparently stretching your warm and cold OLTP data to Microsoft Azure in a secure manner without application changes
- Faster hybrid backups, high availability and disaster recovery scenarios to backup and restore your on-premises databases to Microsoft Azure and place your SQL Server AlwaysOn secondaries in Azure