With new compliance tools, higher performance on the latest hardware, and high availability on Windows, Linux, and containers, SQL Server Standard 2019 continues to push the boundaries of security, availability, and performance for all your data workloads. Enhanced PolyBase allows you to query other databases directly from SQL Server, such as Oracle, Teradata, and Mongo DB, without having to move or copy the data. For the first time, SQL Server 2019 goes beyond relational databases by including Spark and the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) in the box – enabling big data capabilities right out of the box.
- Industry leading performance and intelligence over all your data, structured and unstructured
- Most secure database over the last 10 years per NIST
- Query any database like Oracle, MongoDB, and Cassandra in a highly secure and highly performant way—all without moving or copying the data
- Built to take on any data project, from OLT and BI, to AI and advanced analytics
- Built-in AI with R, Python and SQL Server Machine learning services
- Includes Azure Data Studio
- Features like Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Accelerated database recovery are now part of Standard edition