The New XLOOKUP Function: Compared to VLOOKUP & INDEX MATCH in ExcelVevo Digital
Learn how the new Excel XLOOKUP function can replace VLOOKUP & INDEX MATCH. Partial match, reverse order, and horizontal lookup formulas are now possible with this one function.
XLOOKUP can perform both vertical or horizontal lookups to return a value from a matching row or column. The function only requires 3 arguments and separates the lookup and return arranges for lookup formulas that are easier to read and write.
Read the full article and download the Excel file: https://www.excelcampus.com/functions…
Here is the agenda for the video.
1. Overview of XLOOKUP. How to write the formula and an explanation of all 5 arguments. 0:56
2. Horizontal lookups 4:16
3. Partial Match with Wildcard Characters 4:56
4. Reverse Search Order 6:54
5. A brief preview of XMATCH 7:47
6. XLOOKUP vs. VLOOKUP 8:12
7. XLOOKUP to the Left 10:04
8. XLOOKUP Closest/Approximate Match 10:33
9. XLOOKUP vs INDEX MATCH 11:30
10. Pros or Advantages of XLOOKUP 13:01
11. Cons or Drawbacks of XLOOKUP 13:48
12. # VALUE! Error with XLOOKUP 14:20
13. VLOOKUP Assistant preview 16:02
14. Availability & Compatibility 18:48
15. Questions for you 19:49